Quilts

Monday, August 29, 2011

I have been having so much fun............................


but I am sooooooo far behind in my blogging.  Since I last blogged, I have been on 2 float trips, been to a cattle show and a horse show, celebrated Rachel's 30th birthday and Shea's 10th birthday, witnessed Shea's baptism, took care of Garrett and Jillian for three days, watched the men work cattle, and probably more than I can remember.  Anyway.......................  I can't blog about it in one day, so I'll start with Mom's new Lone Star Quilt...............I think this is number 12................I could be wrong.  I love this lavender quilt.  She could make a lone star in her sleep.  I think it is fitting that she makes Lone Star quilts because she is from the Lone Star State, TEXAS!


I love the way she used the light central fabric on the tip of each diamond.  Love the fabrics she chose. She doesn't  like her picture taken, but I love taking it with her quilts.

Shea has been wanting to be baptised for several years now and she was baptised last night.  I was so proud of her.  She is such a jewel!  Here she is getting ready to be submerged.

Pastor takes hold of her, front and back....................


and down she goes.  What could be more wonderful than seeing your grandchild accept the Lord and be baptised.  I love you Shea!


Today, no one is smiling at Smith Farm.  The men started shelling corn and it is not very good............in fact, it is really bad.  In this photo, the two ears of corn on the left are from our non-irrigated land, and the ear on the right is from our irrigated field.  We did not get near enough rain this year.  We were all expecting it because we have had rain the past few years that have given us wonderful crops.  It was just a matter of time before we had a "normal" summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment