Quilts

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Somehow I am busy again..

I started working on a red/black log cabin quilt that I will be setting in the barn raising pattern.  The fabrics are oriental in pattern and I have this really crazy idea that I will quilt dragons on it with gold metallic thread.  I have decided to use a quilt as you go method.  I sewed the four center blocks together, layered them and now I am quilting in the ditch with red metallic thread.  This will hold everything together nicely when I begin the dragons.  I read somewhere that Marilyn Badger sometimes quilts in the ditch with metallic thread and the light will catch some of the threads and add some sparkle to the quilt.  It is really a neat idea ----very subtle, but nice when a light shines on the quilt.  When I get all four blocks quilted, I will have to draw my dragons to fit the space where I want them.  I found many ideas for drawing dragons on the internet.  It will be fun to use some of those ideas and create my own mythical creatures.  I'll let you know how things are going with this quilt. I pieced all the blocks last year, so I have a lot done on it already. 

I made a cherry pie this morning, but I gave it away.  I should have made one for myself.  DARN   That would really taste good right now!

2 comments:

  1. yet another artistic project well under way... you're so talented!
    I made a cherry pie last night but it never set up so we had cherry SOUP instead. Still tasted okay, but just looked awful.
    Have a great day - Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see pictures of the ongoing project. You are so talented! Stay warm and cozy with the weather that is supposed to get here.
    Mylene

    ReplyDelete