Quilts

Friday, January 21, 2011

Plan B

I really want to use the gold metallic thread on the dragons, but that didn't go well sewing through the freezer paper.  Metallic thread is so hard to sew with and the thread was shredding. 

Plan B.  I cut out the silhouette of the dragon and  ironed it to the quilt---remember it is freezer paper.  I then used a Fons and Porter white mechanical pencil and traced around the dragon silhouette.  This mechanical marking pencil is the best I have ever used---finally I have found something to mark with that WORKS!   I then sewed on the marked line and now I will have to free hand draw the inner parts of the silhouette.  The dragons may not be exactly alike, but it will be close enough.  I think this will work.  I'll post a photo when I get one done.

No comments:

Post a Comment