Quilts

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Mom has been here this week.............................

and we are putting scallops on the edge of her Log Cabin Star quilt.  It is really turning out nicely.  When Mom and I were in  Paducah several years ago we both bought this fabric.............it came prepackaged and when we opened it up, it was not enough for a bed size quilt.  I gave my fabric to Mom and she made this quilt................the fabric is really pretty and she wanted me to show her how to make a scallopped edge.  I had taken a class with Dawn Heese and her technique was really easy.  I did a small quilt at the workshop, but hadn't used the technique since.  Dawn was a good teacher because it all came back to me.  What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. I love it and you both do such beautiful work! Thanks for sharing.
    Mylene

    ReplyDelete