Quilts

Monday, May 9, 2011

No, I didn't die......................................

I am so far behind in my blogging that I just felt it was futile to try to catch up, but procrastinating only makes it worse.  Sooooooooooooooooo    I'm back!  Mom and I traveled to Paducah for the AQS Quilt Show.  We saw so much water, but were lucky enough to be able to get through.  I stopped to ask how I could get to Paducah because the road that crosses the two bridges over the Mississippi and the Ohio were closed.  I was fortunate enough to talk to a truck driver who gave me very clear directions and was only 1/2 hour out of the way. When we got to Paducah we found out that the Convention Center was behind the flood wall and the show had to be moved.  The AQS staff did a wonderful job of procuring venues for all the many facets of the quilt show.  Classes and all the wall quilts were at First Baptist Church which was an amazingly beautiful and large church with many classroooms and a huge room for the Wall Quilts.  Bed Quilts were moved to the Pavilion and vendors were moved around.  It was surprisingly easy to get around all the venues.  We saw many beautiful quilts.  This is the Best of Show made by Pat Holly.  I really loved her colors and I was excited to see that it was machine raw edge applique and home sewing machine quilted.

1 comment:

  1. I sure have missed you !! I was wondering if you would ever blog us again. Thanks for the update and love your pictures of your Mothers Day at Rocheport. What a thoughtful son you have !
    Patti

    ReplyDelete