Quilts

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Raccoon, Cows, and Flesh Colored Hand Dyes.....................

Yesterday I took some trash to the dumpster which sits beside the shop.  I knew the men were working at Jason's farm, so I decided to close up the shop for the night.  When I walked out I saw a raccoon just sitting next to the shop wall.  He seemed stunned or sick................I always worry about  Rabies this time of year.  He sat there for a long time just looking at me.  I decided to get my camera from the house and when I got back he was still there.  The minute I whipped out my camera, he started walking away from me.  We played hide and seek around the shop for about 5 minutes and this is all I could get of him.  They are so cute, but he wasn't acting quite right.  I believe they are nocturnal....................perhaps I woke him from his nap.


Later  I decided to take a ride and I saw this wonderful view of the cattle grazing in the pastures...........it made me think of the Biblical phrase,  "cattle on a thousand hills", a symbol of God's blessings.

This is my stash of flesh colored hand dyes I have been making for my Ruth quilt.  Dyeing is really fun.............you never really know what you are going to get until it dries.

No comments:

Post a Comment