Quilts

Monday, April 11, 2011

I finally sewed together...................

the 36 vintage blocks made from 30's fabrics and I really like it.  It makes me feel good to know that I "rescued" and finished something someone lovingly hand pieced so many years ago.   I was showing this to my neighbor, Marilyn, and she quickly ran and retrieved a box that contained a quilt made by her grandmother.  It was the exact same pattern and also made of 30's fabrics.  She didn't know how to finish the edges, so I think I can figure out how to do it and will help her finish her's as well.  I am also dyeing fabric today, still working on gradations of flesh colored fabric.  It's a beautiful day to be hanging fabric on the line.

1 comment:

  1. I love the quilt! Someday, I need to bring you a butterfly quilt my grandmother gave me from her mother (I think). It is not finished yet but maybe you and Marilyn can give me some advice!
    Mylene

    ReplyDelete