Quilts

Monday, March 28, 2011

Our fundraiser was a success..............................

but I literally dragged myself to bed that night,  dragged myself out of bed to go to church and was planning to return to bed after church when Jason called and told me to eat lunch with them.  They had a dinner party the night before and they had some wonderful leftovers that I wanted to sample.   A pork butt that had been marinated in fruit juices, cilantro and spices and smoked for 10 hours, served with black beans and rice.  Yummy.  It was a caribbean  marinade and it was wonderful, tender and simply to die for.

Dallas was on a toot Sunday.  He presented himself to me shirtless and made me "coffee" at his kitchen.  He proceeded to spill "coffee" all over the floor and Laine kept him in ample supply.  Finally he was on his hands and knees scrubbing the floor.  Funny!!

Shea and Laine and I went upstairs to play games and Dallas appeared with a shirt on this time, but no pants.  He didn't know why he didn't have pants on.  I didn't persue the matter.

Then we went to the barn to see Shea's steer, Elvis and Laine's bottle calf, Combine.  I also got to see their kitties for the first time. 

Shea and Laine love the kitties...........

and so does Dallas.  He loves them so much that he squeezes them.  That is why Shea is "helping".  Oh, we couldn't find Dallas' coat so he wore Laine's.  Dallas had "wardrobe malfunctions" all day long.

No comments:

Post a Comment