Quilts

Monday, March 7, 2011

Finally.........................a new post.

I won't bore you with the details...............I have been busy.  Thursday I was hostess at community club and we had a wonderful dinner.  We probably had 70 people and my co hostess, Joann Doher was so great to work with.  She made the baked ham and oven potatoes in the ham drippings.  We each made rolls and the rest came with our guests.  I was so busy that I forgot to take photos, but I did get some of cleanup.


This is my friend, Dorothy, with her hands deep in dishwater.....................


And sweet Helen drying the dishes.


And my dear neighbors, Marilyn and Jalie................


along with my great co hostess, Joann.  Such wonderful help. 

Friday morning I got up and made potato salad, deviled eggs, and Gamma's green beans and took them to Garrett's and Jillian's.  We were going to celebrate Jilli's second birthday, so while I made rolls, Garrett and Jillian helped Rachel make frosting for the birthday cake.




The birthday girl licked the beaters.


and loved  blowing out her candles. 

 Garrett and Jillian went to Laine's birthday roundup at Hatton Hall on Saturday morning.  His birthday is Monday.  After all the fun there Garrett spent the day and night with me.  Sunday morning Uncle Jay came by to get Garrett to help feed the cows before we left for church.   After church we went to Marvin's parents farm near Clarksville.  All 5 of my grandchildren were there and they had such a good time playing together.


They took turns pushing one another in the swing...................


jumped on the big bales.....................


looked cute, and ended up walking a long way up the creek.  They love the creek and can't wait till it is warm enough to wade and catch crawdads. 



When I walked out the door to go to quilt guild this morning these greeted me................Ghost and his brother.  They were looking for a little breakfast.

1 comment:

  1. I love the pictures of our neighbors. They are all wonderful women who make our community so special. I wish I could have attended (studying for final!) because it is always a good time catching up with everyone.
    Glad Ghost came back to visit you. He is a nice dog along with his brother, huge and protective I believe. Glad you all had such a good time at Clarksville.
    Mylene

    ReplyDelete