Quilts

Friday, March 25, 2011

Can you believe it!!!!!!!


Do you see the green grass poking through the snow?  It was 80 degrees here Monday and this morning we woke up to snow.  Missouri weather is so unpredictable!

I have been busy this week preparing for our benefit chili supper and auction that is tomorrow at Rising Sun Baptist Church from 4 to 7.  It is to raise funds for the family of Reagan Ryman, daughter of Brandy Rhoades Ryman, granddaughter of Brenda and Dennis Rhoades, and great granddaughter of Helen and Dale Thomas. Five year old Regan has cancer and is taking chemotherapy.  I have made 6 pies and put them in the freezer.  I will bake them tomorrow morning.  I hope they will be good................2 blackberry, 2 peach, and 2 cherry.  I am also going to start preparing 6 batches of chili.  It should be a lot of fun.  I hope we have a good turnout so we can make some money to help the family.

Yesterday was Art and Music day.  Laine has learned to make a C chord on his guitar and Shea can play C,G7,G and D7.  She is really learning to play!  I am so proud of both of them.  It won't be long and I am going to have to find Shea a "real" teacher and also get her a full size guitar.  She is really growing up and I can see she is having the same problem I have when I play their 3/4 size guitars................not enough finger space.  They both like to sing so I always encourage them to listen to a lot of music.  Practice, practice, practice.  Laine drew a gorilla yesterday and did a great job.  Shea and I worked on eyes and then she drew a face.  She is really getting good at proper placement of facial features.  Dallas drew also.  He was really proud of his drawing!  They are so much fun.  I am so excited that I get to teach them Art and Music.  It is so satisfying to see them learn and grow in skill and knowlege.  Oh how I wish I had had someone to do that for me when I was growing up.  I taught myself to play the guitar.  I got a book and played horrible music for years, but I got pretty good at it.  I playing in church a lot doing solos and leading youth music.........the kids liked signing with a guitar............they thought it was cool.  Jason and Rachel both play a little.  Jason even took lessons when he was in high school.  I think he would like to take lessons again with Shea.  That would be a nice Daddy/Daughter thing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment