Quilts

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Big Sally's friend, Maddie

Do you remember my post about Big Sally?  This is Maddie, whom I made for Shea last Christmas.  I was able to find my Big Sally pattern (I'm so glad I saved  it!), so I made Maddie.  I painted her face and made her beautiful red hair with ribbon...........took a long time, but was worth it.  Shea has her dressed in a flower girl dress that she wore in her uncle's wedding.  She looks pretty good, except her lipstick is smudged (?). I don't think she gets into as much trouble as Sally.................although she may have been playing with Mamie's makeup (Bad Maddie).  One of these days I will make Jilli a big doll.  Wonder what she will name hers?





Shea tells me that Dallas is scared of Maddie......................remember the scarey "Chucky" doll of the 80's movie?  Rachel was frightened to death at a  childhood sleepover when they watched that movie.  She says Maddie scares her too..................Dallas and Rachel.............both scaredy cats!

No comments:

Post a Comment