Quilts

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Boonslick Trail Quilters Guild 2010 Part 1

Here are some of the beautiful quilts that hung at the show this past weekend----wish I could have photographed all of them, but I was unable to do so:


I loved the name of this quilt, The Thirty Year Quilt...............It was begun thirty years ago and was finally finished.................something I can certainly identify with.  It was made by Betty White.  The fabric tells the age-----that was all that was available in 1980.  Fabric has certainly come a long way since then.  I love this sampler quilt and the vintage fabric!


This beautiful applique and pieced quilt was made by Barbara Bauman and is entitled Alabama Flower Garden.  Barbara......................why have you been hiding this from me?  It is beautiful!



Friendship Dalia by Mary Pilkenton was so pretty with 30's fabric appliques.  Love the color of the sashing!



Christmas Shoo Fly Charm was made by Joan Pottinger.  I love the traditional pieced patterns!  If you click on the photo and enlarge it, you will see that this includes various Christmas themed fabrics.

No comments:

Post a Comment