Quilts

Friday, October 15, 2010

I'm learning a new trick.............

hand applique.  I have always wanted to try hand applique and when I was looking over a blog by a member of my guild, Dawn Heese, she was offering a BOM quilt------for free.  So....................I jumped right in and did the first block.  She promised they would be easy and she is correct.  I could already see an improvement in my applique between the first motif I appliqued and the last I appliqued.  I used to think it took too long to hand applique, but I realized, it takes a long time to piece also.  If you would like to check out Dawn's site and her BOM, you can find her at http://dawnheesequilts.blogspot.com/.  She is a quilt designer, has books published by Kansas City Star Quilts, and offers her own line of patterns.

3 comments:

  1. Marilyn, it looks fantastic. I have to warn you, it is addicting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great! I love hand applique. Between that and doing quilt bindings, I never run out of stuff to work on while watching a movie with my family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jandi, thanks. It would be nice to have something I can do while waatching tv or to take along with me when I know I am going to be sitting in a waiting room. I usually do everything by machine (except bindings), so this is a big departure for me. Thanks for checking out my blog. Marilyn

    ReplyDelete