Quilts

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Lovely Ferns

Each summer I buy ferns...................they just do something for me.  I buy at least 2 ferns and sometimes as many as 4---depending on how expensive they are.  For the past 8 years I have been putting my ferns in these plant stands.  They are made for outside use and I liked having my ferns raised up, off the patio.
     When I bought them I just loved them. They weren't very heavy, so I replanted the ferns in terra cotta pots.  The first storm that came through tipped them over and broke my beautiful terra cotta pots.................so I tried again..............and broke some more pots.
     The next year, I decided there would be no more terra cotta pots in the stands, and I just put the plastic pots in the stands..............................and they blew over everytime it got windy.  I tried rotating the stands so they could withstand the wind.....................they blew over.  And that's how it was for 8 years.  Everytime a storm blew I would hear the sound of stands hitting the concrete.  I got so tired of picking them up, I almost threw them away.................................until I noticed the chains from an old swing in a tree near my patio.

Next year I will put all my ferns in the trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment