Quilts

Thursday, September 2, 2010

IQA Quilt and more visitors


I finished quilting my IQA quilt last night and I am putting the facing on today.  I just didn't like it and I thought all day about it and decided to leave the curvy facing on the bottom of the quilt and make the other three sides straight edged.  I think I'll like that..............it's something different.

Shea and Laine came over this morning and had -------root beer and pie------------don't tell their parents.  Laine went with his Dad to get their new grain truck and trailer (new to them) and Shea stayed here with me.  She had been wanting me to find Auntie Rachel's old cheerleading outfits and I finally remembered where they were in the storage room.  I was able to direct Shea to the box as she climbed over boxes in my storage room.  It was right where I thought it was.  Sometimes I think my memory is going and other times I have a really good memory-----like knowing where that box was.   In contrast to that..........I had to call Mamie from town the other day because I didn't get the invitation to a baby shower she is having at her house and I needed to know if the mom to be was registered somewhere.  When I talked to her, she told me she had left the invitation at my house last week.  I didn't remember seeing it, but the details sounded amazingly familiar.  When I got home, I looked in the box she had brought over last week, thinking the invitation must still be in there, but it wasn't.  Guess what I found hanging on my refrigerator last night?  I had opened it and put it on the refrigerator with a magnet so I wouldn't forget where it was.  I am in biiiiiiiiiiggggggg trouble.  Anyway , Shea had fun playing cheerleader on the trampoline and Dixie just looked sad.  I think she always looks sad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment