Quilts

Monday, February 3, 2014

I just wanted you to know that I am still alive.  Believe it or not, my house is still not done, but I have hopes that it will be done by March.  They are supposed to put the countertops in my kitchen Wednesday if we don't get a major snowstorm.  It is turning out well, but not without a lot of stress.  Typical home building experience.

My mom's health has failed this year.  She has macular degeneration and has been virtually blind since last fall.  She gets very depressed, as I am sure I would do also.

Family is fine.  All of them were here yesterday and we had a wonderful time.

In October, I had an itching to make a quilt for the New Quilts from an old favorite contest, but the deadline was looming............so I asked my daughter Rachel if she would collaborate with me.  She is a wonderful free motion quilter.  We got it done and much to my surprise it was accepted into the exhibit, and in fact, won 4th place.  Exciting.  I am wanting to sew so badly, but I need to get moved first.  

Hope this brings you up to the reason for my absence.








 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Marilyn, I stumbled on your blog because I was researching your quilt "Joy". I first saw it when it was published in QN and it has been in my mind ever since. It makes me happy. My goal is to make a quilt similar to it. Thus the internet search.

    I'm sorry about your Mum. My Mum is also experiencing physical difficulties that sometimes get her down. I've learned a lot from her. It's a process isn't it?

    Keep quilting and spreading round your special brand of creativity. I'll be keeping an eye on your blog for future developments. Thanks for sharing.

    Piecefully, Neame

    ReplyDelete