Quilts

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Busy Day Today............................



I painted on Jacob's hand this morning.  It is not done..............I have one more finget and I need to tone down the cool areas.  This is definitely a learning experience, but I have wanted to paint on fabric for a while.  I have painted with dyes on fabric at a workshop, but have never been brave enough to actually try it.  This project should tell me if I am cut out for painting on fabric or not.  Artists paint on fabric with dye, ink, paints, paintsticks,  ....................lots of things.

I kept a hair appointment in Cemtralia and then had to go to Columbia.  On the way home I stopped at my little garden spot and moved the hose.  This is my first melon of the season.  It is an heirloom variety, Melon Rich Sweetness 132 from Baker seeds.  My cousin, Vlasta sent me the seeds from Texas.  It really smells ripe.  It is not very big..............but it is supposed to be very sweet.  I'll let you know.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment