Quilts

Tuesday, March 5, 2013


I know it has been a long time since I have blogged.................sometimes I go AWOL for not particular reason.  So sorry.  Anyway....................What news do I have?





 

Sycamore Bark Baskets and 4 Birds will both be in Lancaster AQS Show this month.  Sycamore Bark Baskets will be in the New Quilts for an Old Favorite:Baskets  exhibit and 4 Birds has been juried into the show and contest.  I saw that Jean Brueggenjohnn from my quilt guild also has a quilt in the juried show and contest, but I haven't found out what she has entered there.  Wish I could go, but Lancaster is not far from Boston and Washington DC.........a little too far for me.
 
 
I made this muse doll in an art group I was recently invited to join.  She was a lot of fun to make......she hangs in my sewing room, piecing together creative ideas for me to glean.
 
 
I made a big pillow from a block I made in Allie Aller's class.  I used my machine decorative stitches to embellish it...............sort of like a crazy quilt.  I love the colors..........these are many of my Kaffe Fassett fabrics that I have had in my stash for a long time.  Can you see the wall color of my bedroom....Rachel painted that for me.
 
 
I have also been doing some photography with the snow on.  This is Shea, bringing in a newborn calf that needed some TLC.  I love this photo...............one of my all time favorites.
 
So you see, I have been doing some fun things.  I am still putting hot fix crystals on my Jacob's Ladder quilt and I need to finish that this month.  Gotta go............sorry I have been so long in getting back to the blog.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment