Quilts

Friday, September 21, 2012

I have been working on Jacob's clothes....................

and it has been a struggle.......................................   I am using two fabrics to create stripes in his tunic, thinking they will help define the contours of his body.  I am doing hand applique.............something I have done very little of.   I cut each stripe out of the freezer paper pattern I have drawn, iron it to the fabric, add seam allowances to the piece,  mark it, turn the edges and glue them down and then hand applique them  The jury is still out on this......................I will just have to see when I get it done......................


It is really hard to visualize, but the arms of the tunic are done and Jacob's right hand is lying on the ground in a backwards position.  What I have done goes to his waist and I have more to do.  I hope this turns out ok because it is sure a lot of work.....................

No comments:

Post a Comment