Quilts

Thursday, December 1, 2011

My quilt will hang in the National Quilt Museum!

I received word a couple of weeks ago that my quilt,  "Sycamore Bark Baskets" was selected to be part of the 2012 New Quilts From An Old Favorite traveling exhibit.  The exhibit will begin at the National Quilt Museum in Paducah during the April AQS Show.  I am so excited and am still pinching myself.   It has been a goal of mine the have a quilt hanging at the National Quilt Museum.


The block chosen for this year's contest was baskets.  I made a quilt for the 2009 New Quilts From an Old Favorite Contest:  Burgoyne Surrounded and it was not chosen as a finalist.  I am so glad I tried again this year.  Yeah!

2 comments:

  1. OMG....CONGRATULATIONS Marilyn !! What an honor ! It is a beautiful quilt ! How exciting for you !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilt and what an honor for a wonderful person! Congratulations.
    And Jimmy said he is glad you are blogging again.
    Jimmy and Mylene

    ReplyDelete