Quilts

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I just finished Shea's quilt.................................

Joy ( the green quilt in the right hand margin) lives again!  I think I have told you that I have used the leftovers from this quilt to make other quilts and this is the 5th quilt made from the fabric bought for that quilt.  I made the original Joy quilt, a quilt similar to Shea's quilt  for Garrett (as a baby quilt), two quilts for the IQA Auction (2009, 2010) and now Shea's quilt.  I felt a little guilty about having so many leftover pieces from Joy, but I don't now!  Believe it or not, there is still some of the motifs in a bag.  I also used a lot of the leftover batik material for 4Birds.  I bought so much fabric for Joy---it had over 114 different fabrics, many of them fat quarters, so there was a lot of fabric left over.  Don't be surprised if I make some more "Joy leftover quilts".

I love the scallops.  Thanks, Dawn for the workshop.  It was easier than I ever imagined and I know I will make scallops again.  Shea,   you made a beautiful quilt!!!!  I'll get it to you as soon as I can.


No comments:

Post a Comment