Quilts

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

4 Birds Design

My 4 Birds quilt is in the right hand column.  This was an interesting quilt that began as a continuous line  drawing that was abstract.  When I was done with the line, I started searching and found these birds in it.  I had the pattern enlarged, cut each piece apart for a pattern, cut out the fabric and sewed it all back together.  It was quite a feat because it is all continuous curve piecing...............the most complicated quilt I have ever pieced.  I backed the top with black and began the quilting.  Quickly I discovered that my quilting was making a wonderful thread painting on the back of the quilt.  I really think I like the back best---the thread painting, but the front--the curved piecing was much more difficult to do.  Which side do you like the best?



The abstract continuous line drawing

The original drawing I did in my sketchbook


In the process of piecing-----------all curved piecing.



No comments:

Post a Comment