Quilts

Monday, November 29, 2010

Flying Geese

Today I am working on Flying Geese units that I want to put together for the sashing for a red and white "Crossed Canoes" quilt.  The blocks were made by my guild friends and I really need to get this done.  I think it will really be pretty when I am done.  Anyhow............several years ago I went to an Eleanor Burns workshop and came home with some flying geese rulers.  They are wonderful for making flying geese and they are so accurate, making all of the geese exactly alike.  The instructions come with the rulers and they are easy to follow.  You start out with 2 squares of different sizes.  By the time you are finished, you have 4 perfect flying geese units.  I have some Jane Sassaman fabric that is black with white dots and the dots are closer together near the selvages,  and further apart near the center of the fabric.  I don't know how many I will need, so I'm just going to use up all the Jane Sassaman fabric.............I can use them for other things if I have too many.  If you look carefully at my 4Birds quilt, you will see that I used a line of flying geese for the binding of the quilt, using this fabric.  That is why it looks white in some areas and black in others.

You can purchase flying geese ruler at http://www.quiltinaday.com/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment